We all know that personal finance is important, but sometimes it’s hard to stay motivated when it comes to budgeting, saving, and investing. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 10 quotes about financial literacy to help you stay inspired. Whether you’re just starting out on your financial journey or you’re well on your way to reaching your financial goals, these quotes will help keep you focused and motivated.
- “The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want.” – Ben Stein
- “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.” – Warren Buffett
- “A budget tells us what we can’t afford, but it doesn’t stop us from buying it.” – William Feather
- “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.” – Proverbs 22:7
- “Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Frugality includes all the other virtues.” – Cicero
- “I’d like to live as a poor man with lots of money.” – Pablo Picasso
- “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.” – James W. Frick
3 Bonus Quotes And Their Meaning
“The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.” – Criss Jami, Killosophy
What this quote is saying is that once you’ve achieved financial success, it’s important to be humble about it. bragging about your money can make other people feel bad, and it can also make you a target for thieves. So, if you’ve finally reached a point where you’re comfortable with your finances, be sure to keep it to yourself!
“If you can’t save money, the seeds of greatness are not in you.” – Wilfred Funk, Words That Work in Business
This quote is all about delayed gratification. If you want to be financially successful, you need to be able to put off immediate gratification in favor of long-term savings. It’s not always easy, but it’s definitely worth it.
“Money is like manure; it’s only good when spread around encouraging young things to grow.” – Thornton Wilder, The Bridge of San Luis Rey
This quote is about investing in yourself and others. When you have extra money, it’s important to reinvest it in yourself and in others so that everyone can benefit. Whether that means taking a financial literacy class or investing in a friend’s new business venture, spreading the wealth around is always a good idea.
An Important Life Skill
Financial literacy is an important life skill that everyone should learn. These quotes about financial literacy show just how complex and nuanced the subject can be. From saving money to investing in others, there are many different facets to personal finance. But one thing is for sure: if you want to be financially successful, you need to start somewhere. And these quotes are a great place to start!